After a truck accident in Maryland, there are certain steps you should follow to preserve your rights and protect yourself:
- Make sure that you and others in the truck are not experiencing a life-threatening injury.
- Do not move the truck until you get pictures of the crash, but also make sure that you are somewhere safe.
- After you have checked on everyone in the truck make sure to call 911 to report the crash.
- While waiting for the police make sure to take pictures of the property damage and license plates of all vehicles involved in the crash. During this time if the other drive comes to speak with you do more listening then talking. Immediately write down anything the other driver said to you so you don’t forget.
- When the police come to the scene make sure to give them a statement of what occurred. Before the police leave, they will provide you with an accident exchange of information sheet. This document will help your attorney track down the actual police report written by the police officer.
- Make sure to have a picture of the other drivers license and registration before leaving the scene of the crash.
- If at any point while on the scene of the crash you feel like you need immediate medical attention then make sure to take an ambulance to the hospital. If your truck ends up getting towed make sure you know where its being towed. Then call a lawyer at Zirkin and Schmerling Law. Our office will make sure you are treated fairly by the insurance company and that you get the compensation you deserve.