Josh Schmerling is a partner at Zirkin and Schmerling Law. Mr. Schmerling’s primary areas of practice are personal injury, car accidents, and workers’ compensation.
If you feel like you need some legal help, contact our attorneys to schedule a free case evaluation today.
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Josh began as an associate attorney for the Law Office of Bobby Zirkin and in 2011, was named as a Partner. The firm has since merged into Zirkin and Schmerling Law. Josh has handled hundreds of cases in courts throughout Maryland focusing his practice on personal injury cases and workers compensation. He is known throughout the legal community as a fierce and tireless advocate for his client and has earned millions for his clients in the areas of automobile, truck, and motorcycle accidents, as well as workers compensation claims. Josh has taught classes throughout Maryland on a variety of legal issues, including current laws related to automobile, truck, and motorcycle accidents as well as other personal injury claims.
- Maryland (2008)
- University of Baltimore (2008), Juris Doctorate
- University of Maryland College Park (2005), Bachelor of Science
- Appointed to the Judicial Compensation Commission by Governor Larry Hogan from 2015-2019
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2020, 2021
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- Josh serves on a number of boards and committees in both the legal and greater community, and prides himself on his work to assist young people. Josh is a member of the Baltimore County Bar Association, the Anne Arundel County Bar Association, the Maryland Association for Justice, and the Maryland State Bar Association. Additionally, Josh is Vice President of Development for the Pikesville Jewish Congregation, a growing synagogue in the Baltimore area. Josh has also served on a school board and has coached high school level basketball for over 15 years. Josh is proud of his work as a mentor and coach for young people across the Baltimore region.
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
- The Judicial Compensation Commission appointed by the Governor for the State of Maryland