If you have been involved in a Motorcycle accident in Maryland you need an attorney that can help you recover the money you deserve.
In Maryland, if a person is found to be negligent then typically they are at fault for the accident and you may have a chance to collect based on a Complaint for negligence. Here are some examples of negligence that are common:
- Weaving or “Lane Splitting” between cars
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence
- Running through a clearly marked traffic signal
- Making an illegal turn
- Striking a vehicle from behind in a rear-end collision
- Violating other traffic laws
Presumed Liability For Motorcycle Riders
In Maryland, a motorcycle rider is presumed to be liable, or “at-fault,” if that driver rear-ends a stopped or slower-moving vehicle.
However, there are exceptions to the rule, so it is important to document the details of the accident as thoroughly as possible and to quickly [Read more…]