Prior to joining Zirkin and Schmerling Law, Mr. Briggs co-founded The Briggs Law Firm, in South Carolina, where he was a partner for 4 years. During his time in South Carolina, Mr. Briggs quickly developed a reputation as an outstanding trial lawyer. Mr. Briggs is a zealous advocate for his clients and has obtained six-figure judgements and settlements.
Mr. Briggs joined Zirkin and Schmerling Law in 2020. Mr. Briggs primarily focuses on tort litigation including car accidents, slip and falls, and dog bites throughout Maryland. In addition, Mr. Briggs handles family law cases including divorce, custody and child support.
Mr. Briggs is the type of trial attorney that appreciates and enjoys the art of a trial, which consequently elicits outstanding results for his clients.
Mr. Briggs has successfully litigated in both State and Federal Courts.
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Semi Truck Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Maryland (2020)
- South Carolina (2016)
- US District Court for South Carolina (2016)
- Charleston School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of South Carolina, Bachelor of Arts
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40
- The Greenville News: Best Family Lawyer
- American Association for Justice
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association