Michael Baruch, Esq. is the head of Zirkin & Schmerling Law’s District Court Personal Injury Department. Mr. Baruch’s primary area of practice is litigating District Court personal injury claims.
Office: (410) 753-4611
Fax: (410) 356-4420
- Prior to joining Zirkin & Schmerling Law, Mr. Baruch worked for the Office of the State’s Attorney for Allegany County as an Assistant State’s Attorney, where he worked until 2019. While there, Mike became an experienced trial attorney, having prosecuted countless cases and conducted numerous trials. In addition, in 2015 Mike was awarded the prosecutor of the year for Allegany County.
- After leaving the State’s Attorney’s office, Mike worked for a large firm doing insurance defense work, handling auto accident cases and other various personal injury cases. After several months it became clear that he wanted to help the victims and that doing defense work was not his true calling. In November 2019, Mike joined Zirkin and Schmerling Law as an associate, bringing with him his wealth of knowledge inside the courtroom and the playbook that insurance companies try to use in minimizing injured victims’ personal injury claims.
- Maryland (2012)
- US District Court for the District of Maryland (2019)
- University of Connecticut School of Law (2011), Juris Doctorate
- University of Maryland College Park (2008), Bachelor of Arts
- Allegany County Prosecutor of the Year, 2015
- Since 2015, Mr. Baruch has worked Maryland Youth & The Law (MYLaw) to coach a high school mock trial team. This team won a state championship under Mr. Baruch’s coaching.
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Howard County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice