Kristen Fon L. Lim
Associate - Attorney
Kristen Fon L. Lim Esq. is an Associate Attorney for Zirkin & Schmerling Law. Ms. Lim’s primary area of practice is family law.
If you feel like you need some legal help, contact our attorneys to schedule a free case evaluation today.
- Prior to joining Zirkin & Schmerling Law, Ms. Lim worked as both a Public Defender and as a Children’s Attorney in Baltimore City.
- As a Public Defender, Ms. Lim worked in the field of Parental Defense, and dealt with Child in Need of Assistance (CINA) and Termination of Parental Rights cases (TPR). Her work often entailed child custody, mediation, and visitation disputes.
- As a Children’s Attorney, Ms. Lim represented Child Respondents in CINA and TPR matters. She has worked countless trials in the Circuit Court, and often assisted clients in obtaining and defending against protective orders and no-contact orders.
- Ms. Lim has also argued in both the Court of Special Appeals, and the Maryland Court of Appeals—the highest appellate court in Maryland. In 2018, she successfully argued the matter of In Re: HW, a reported opinion that is now case law for the entire state of Maryland.
- Since joining Zirkin and Schmerling, Ms. Lim has handled many different types of family law matters, including child custody, visitation, child support, and divorce.
- Outside of her legal practice, Ms. Lim also has a history of involvement with LGBT advocacy. She is also conversational in Spanish.
- Maryland, 2014
- Juris Doctorate, University of Baltimore School of Law, 2014
- Bachelor of Arts, College of William and Mary, 2011
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice